Wednesday, September 14, 2011

257.

Loved this Bonhoeffer quote I read today regarding marriage.
"Marriage is more than your love for each other.
It has a higher power, for it is God's holy ordinance,
through which He wills to perpetuate
the human race until the end of time.
In your love you see only your two selves in the world,
but in marriage you are a link in the chain of the generations,
which God causes to come and to pass away to His glory,
and calls into His kingdom.
In your love you see only the heaven of your own happiness,
but in marriage you are placed at a post of responsibility
towards the world and all mankind."

Nope, I'm not married--
but it doesn't mean I don't hope to be someday!
And when that time comes I want to be ready to go
into it with this amazing perspective ingrained into my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment