Sunday, October 9, 2011

282.

Flew home this afternoon
after church + lunch with friends
and returning my beautiful jeep.
(I really really didn't want to give it back :P)

Church this morning was so encouraging,
both SS and the message.
It would take far to many words to explain everything
I was challenged by in the message this morning,
but as I was mulling over what God was teaching me
I was reminded of this C.S. Lewis quote
that mostly sums up what I was thinking...

"It would seem that our Lord finds our desires
not too strong, but too weak.
We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink
and lust and ambition when infinite joy is offered us,
like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies
in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant
by the offer of a holiday at the sea.
We are far to easily pleased."



My favorite necklace broke :(

No comments:

Post a Comment